Departments >> Information Technology
Founded in 1998, the Department of Information Technology is a center for research and education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The main educational goal of the Department is to prepare students for research and teaching careers either in universities or in industry.
Nearly 25 percent of VCEW’s undergraduates are enrolled in the Department of Information Technology.
The Department offers –
Bachelors in Technology in Information Technology(No. of seats = 120)
It also participates in the following undergraduate inter-disciplinary programs: Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Biotechnology and Mechanical Engineering.
The Department provides the best in teaching facilities with the latest teaching aids such as overhead LCD projectors in its classrooms. The Department boasts of having seven labs equipped with 290 systems and state-of-the-art software for the conduction of all Lab work related to basic programming, database management, graphics, multimedia and GUI development and programming embedded systems.
The Department has a number of staff and students who are life members of ISTE – Indian Society of Technical Education, IEEE and CSI. All of these activities enable the students to better their competitors in the job market. In addition, the Department also organizes ASTRAA – a two day national staff development workshop annually to update its staff with the latest technologies in the field.
The Information Technology Department has a team of strong and well qualified team of staff. The Department has a good staff strength that includes 1 Professor, 4 Associate Professors with rich experience and 19 Assistant Professors.
Strong research groups exist in areas of artificial intelligence, information security, and data mining. Close ties are maintained with researchers with computational interests in other university departments. The R&D cell headed by Prof. K. Mrithyumjaya Rao has grown in strength and quality of work since its inception in 2006. Initially, work was focused on Robot stability control and GIS missile trajectory areas. Today, the centre concentrates on Data Mining, Natural Language Processing and Network Security. In addition, both faculty and students commonly work with investigators at nearby research or industrial institutions.
The Department has organized two international symposia titled “Information Technology for Real World Problems”. This year the Department conducted a two-day international conference with the same title on 16th,17th Febraury, 2010.
The department has conducted the seminar & workshops on the following topics:2007-2008:
• Data Mining, .NET & Socket rogramming held on 24th, 25th Nov 2007.
• ASTRAA 2K7, A Two day Work-Shop for Teachers in December, 2007.
• TECHNO-CRAFT-A National Level Student Technical Paper Context was conducted in Mar, 2008.
• Neural Networks & Advanced Java Technologies held on 6th, 7th Dec 2008.2008-2009:
• An International Conference on “IT for Real World Problems “was conducted in August, 2008.
• ASTRAA 2K8, A Two day Work-Shop for Teachers in November, 2008.
• Artificial Neural Networks on 10th & 11th Dec,2009
• TECHNO-CRAFT - A National Level Student Technical Paper Context was conducted in Mar, 2009.2009-2010:
• An International Conference on “IT for Real World Problems “was conducted in February, 2010.
ANCHARIGA'10 A National level student techno-cultural fest'